Yoga Teacher Training (Yoga Maya)
June 22 - July 7
We are a Yoga Alliance Certified School both 200 + 300 = 500 hour and YACEP Providers.
Debbie, the Lead Trainer is also a Pilates Instructor, Ayuveda Student/Counselor,
Personal Trainer, Firefighter/Paramedic.
Our lifestyle is healthy.
Our commitment is deep.
We like fitness, TRX, Pilates and all that jazz; but we LOVE yoga!
This IS a life changing event.
You begin teaching from day one, actually it’s earlier than that because we give prerequisite work! It’s pertinent, creative, fun and interesting studies including learning from videos and correspondence projects. Lead trainer, Debbie has taken three 200 + 300 hour trainings and has assisted in teaching YTT’s before starting Yoga Maya’s Intensive Immersion School. Over the years we’ve picked up on what works and what doesn’t work by asking a lot of questions from students, yogis and friends. The yogic path of learning never ends. Our school WORKS! We study many subjects over and above the Yoga Alliances guidelines for a Certified Yoga School and you receive more than 200 and 300 hours of top notch education. We are always evolving, changing to meet your needs.
Our Retreat/Immersion based Yoga Teacher Trainings (YTT-200’s + 300’s = 500) and Classes range from Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin, profoundly relaxing Meditations, Yoga Nidra and of course, a yogi favorite; Pranayama. Our workshops and YTT’s are geared towards rapid learning. We are Yoga Alliance Approved for Continuing Education.
We put together Intensive Trainings because you asked for it! A training that spans 6-12 months is great but can be difficult to attend every single weekend. With our intensive courses you can leave the responsibilities of your daily life and fully focus on your yoga. This is Muy Bueno and of course we are in a wonderful setting. You can focus 100% on the training. AND make life long friends with your new yoga crew.
All transaction fees are the responsibility of the purchaser. Please plan accordingly.
Travel insurance is required.
As of the moment, medical insurance may be required to enter Costa Rica.
200 Hour Course Fees: $2400
~you may stay wherever you like~
Some of the many topics covered at our 200 hour course:
- A Contemporary Approach to Traditional Yoga
- Vinyasa (Flow) ~ Hatha ~ Yin
- The Impact of Yoga
- Yogis of the Present Day
The Business of Teaching
- How to Become an employed Instructor
- Sequence a Class: For All levels
- Starting a Successful Business
- The Importance of Keeping a Personal Practice
- Social Media, Marketing
- Cultivate a following
- Ayurveda 101 (and the Doshas)
- Suggestions for a Yogic Lifestlyle + Kriyas
- Stress, Fascia, Pain & Yoga
- The Amazing Spine
- Sun Salutations, A, B, and Classic
- Asanas & The Fundamentals of Alignment
- The Benefits of Practice
- Precautions for yogis
- Modifications of the Asanas
- Props & Their Uses
- Yin Yoga (love it)
- Common Yoga Injuries and Prevention
- The Asanas Resulting in the Most Injury
- Pranayama, Mudras & Mantra
- Chaturanga Dandasana
- The Bandhas
- Yoga Nidra – The Art of Relaxation
- Standing Asanas
- Balance Poses
- Seated Asanas and Twists
- Inversions + Arm Balances
- Finishing Asanas + Thai Yoga Massage
The Inner Body
- Nadis: Subtle Energy Channels
- The Chakras
- The Koshas
- Applied Anatomy (in relationship to the Asanas)
- Ayurveda, Doshas & Yoga
- Principles of Sequencing + Choreography
- Spinal Warm-ups
- Safety First!
- Sequence Planning
- Demonstration, Observation, & Assisting
- Practice Teaching Asanas, & Pranayama
- The Art of Savasana & Savasana Massage
- Yin Poses & Sequencing
- Creative Flow: Vinyasa Sequencing (our main focus)*
- Hatha -Vs- Vinyasa
- Non-Invasive/Safe Assists
- Multi-level Classes
- PTSD and the Yogi
- The Pregnant Yogini
- The Yoga Timeline
- Patanjali & The Eight Limbs
- The Yoga Sutras
- Focus on the Yamas & Niyamas
- Yogis to Know in History (old + new)
- Incorporating Tradition in Classes
- The Muscles of the Body
- Alignment and Injury
- Agonists and Antagonists
- The Body Systems and Yoga
- The Spine, Shoulders and Hips
but then again…..
With Onsite Lodging @ Yoga Maya Uvita
Private caravan LOTUS $3,499
Shared double SERENIDAD $3,299
Shared triple casita PRANA $3,399
Shared double casita PRANA $3,699
Shared double casita BLISS 3,999
How about a Sun A and B? On the beach. At sunset. This could be you…
A minimum of 4 students is required for a YTT
200 + 300 =500
Jun 25June 25 - July 5Bodhi Tree Yoga Resort, Nosara Costa Rica
Jun 27June 27 - July 21Indigo Yoga Resort
Mal Pais - Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Jul 2July 2 - July 24Tiskita Jungle Lodge
5 km south of Pavones, Costa Rica