- This event has passed.
Restorative Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training
January 17 - January 28
This 100 hour training provides new tools to carry into one’s personal practice, teachings, and daily life. Using the language of yoga and other disciplines, students are invited into a journey of self inquiry and self discovery.
The training is Yoga Alliance certified as a Yoga Teacher Training, and contributes to ongoing study credit hours.
Beyond Asanas and Techniques
In addition to providing the skills and confidence to teach the techniques of restorative yoga, this course will address:
- Peeling back the layers of personality, removing personal barriers to reach a full expression of the self
- Tools to recognize and release self-limiting beliefs
- Unblocking emotions to revitalize energies
- Application of self inquiry practices in daily life, and in yin and restorative yoga
- Meditation techniques as a grounded way to improve ones lifestyle, learning to focus on the present moment – alertness, awareness, and a full connection to life energy to celebrate the self
- Stress management and reduction to enhance physical and emotional wellbeing
- Integrating “green” principles into being a yoga teacher
- Conscious movement as a stress-release technique
- Exploration to align with one’s individual life mission
- Information and encouragement to bring the teachings of restorative yoga and meditation into settings such as yoga studios, homes, schools, corporate offices, and other areas of life.
This Restorative Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training doesn’t simply improve one’s personal yoga practice and yoga teachings. It also aims to expand one’s awareness and bring greater attention to the surrounding environment.
These are essential elements to embodying yoga on and off the mat.
Yoga means “union”, and so it offers an opportunity to join the body, mind, and spirit with Mother Earth.
Although this work is not religious, it is a deeply spiritual practice.
This Restorative Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training is done in 4 modules called “Fundamentals” (1, 2 , 3 & 4). Fundamentals need to be followed in order. Each module includes assignments: readings, observing classes, practicing teaching and assisting.
This course is certified by the Yoga Alliance and a certification will be given upon completion.
A complete course syllabus can be found here, which includes required reading.
Early bird pricing is available until 1 month before the training begins.
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your place.