- This event has passed.
Immerse Yourself Bamboo
January 9 @ 2:00 pm - January 16 @ 2:00 pm
Amazing opportunity to learn the foundational skills that will empower you to work and build with bamboo. You will also have the chance to connect to the lush jungle and holistic practices to ground and nourish you deeply.
Come to EcoMaste and experience the vibrance of life in the jungle. Here you will have an opportunity to learn from passionate builders and designers, connect with other like-minded beings, explore a jungle oasis, nutritious and delicious plant based meals, and learn the foundational skills you need to build a simple cabin.
Our goal is for students to have a transformative experience encouraging you to live in harmony with yourself and nature. We hope that what you receive will inspire you to spread this knowledge creating a ripple effect.
This is a unique opportunity to cultivate your inner vitality. Daily you will be guided through a balance of grounding and revitalizing breath, meditation, yoga and movement practices. Our land is full of exotic fruit, vegetables and medicinal plants.
Immerse Yourself Bamboo
Ecomaste and Equilibrium Project are collaborting to bring you a quality bamboo immersion experience. Connect to self and to this beautiful plant. You will learn all the principles you need to know to start working with bamboo.
- Building, Design concept, Jose Bermudez.
- Theory presentations by Sam Marquardt
- Suitable for any level. From no experience to expert.
- Meditation and Yoga daily
- You must be over 18 years old.
- Fresh fruit through out the day from the property and surrounding area plus 2 meals plant based food.
- Reiki, body massage or a guided personal healing session, at additional cost.
- Access to river and pond.
- Opportunity to become an apprentice and learn from a Bamboo Master, (3-6 month program).
- Hiking trails on property.
- Learn about bamboo varieties for adobe walls
- Harvesting, processing, treatment and curing methods.
- Demonstration of tools
- Proper use of manual and electrical tools
- Splitting of bamboo, bending, drilling, pegging, lashing, fish mouths and other joinery techniques.
- How to make a fish mouth
- Make bamboo nails.
6:30 a.m. – Yoga
8 a.m. – Breakfast
9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Classroom Lectures/ Hands-on Workshops
12 p.m. – Lunch
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Siesta
1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Hands-On Workshops/Build
6 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Slideshows/ Videos
*Limited space available*
*Accomodations vary according to room and privacy
Must be 18 or older. Please make sure you bring your own yoga mat, gloves, goggles and water bottle. We will send you an email with a list of prefered tools to have upon request.
Nos vemos en la jungla!