VerdEnergia is located in a small rural community in the remote mountains of the Pacific slope of Costa Rica. It is home to an ever-fluctuating mix of guests, interns, staff and community members. There will be times where our farm might only have two or more members on site, and times where we will be bustling with activity! We believe in social cooperation and celebrating diverse ways of living and viewpoints across various cultures. As an intern, you have an important role to take part in the creation of the community feeling at the farm. A few notes:
- Community living is integral to our daily operations, and we rely on collaboration and good communication to function as a group.
- Interns should be comfortable living and working together as well as contributing to farm upkeep.
- Each member of the farm staff and community has a different job and responsibilities, but we all do our best to work together as a cohesive group.
- Our climate is very hot and humid in the main part of the day with occasional hard rains.
- There is usually enough internet bandwidth to send emails and whatsapp messages, and not much more.
- Anyone in the community is welcome to offer guided activities such as yoga, breathwork, meditation, dance and movement workshops, etc.
With the principles of permaculture as our guiding tool, we seek to transmute the challenges facing our communities into replicable solutions. Our work enables us to find right livelihood through the regeneration and gentle cultivation of the forest we are honored to call home.
VerdEnergia was founded in 2006 by a small group of initial investors with the intention of building a cooperative farm to secure a healthy future for their families. Since then, we have been working to repair cattle land into a food forest in one of the most deforested areas of Costa Rica. VerdEnergia has received a number of grants and has since planted over 150,000 trees in our local area.
We warmly refer to VerdEnergia as our “laboratory,” because it has served as a valuable place to experiment with practices that enhance and preserve biodiversity in the forest and harmony within human relationships. After overcoming the threat of an encroaching prospective african palm oil plantation in 2013, Verde served as the birthplace of Blacksheep, a regenerative resource management company working in rural Costa Rica and abroad to reforest degraded landscapes and work with communities to protect economic sovereignty. VerdEnergia gained its USDA organic certification in July of 2019.
VerdEnergia now hosts Permaculture Design Certification Courses, internships, workshops and events. We are proud to have fostered friendships and connections between hundreds of allies from all over the world.
We envision diverse, empowered, conscious communities sharing a healthy and balanced planet.
VerdEnergia is working towards the realization of this vision by upholding these values:
- Reforesting damaged land into a food forest, thus establishing a suitable, healthy, and biodiverse habitat for humans, animals and plants.
- Protecting the land and watershed from foreign and/or short-sighted interests.
- Creating a replicable model for responsible land and watershed management for diverse human cultures.
- Establishing and sustaining educational programs to foster environmental awareness and peaceful revolution around the world.
- Creating opportunities for like-minded individuals and groups to gather and exchange ideas for a balanced society.
- Providing steady employment and opportunities for local micro-enterprises.
- Co-creating and participating in the growing network of regenerative communities in Costa Rica and around the world.
Acerca de Nuestra Comunidad
With the principles of Permaculture as our guiding tool, we seek to transmute the challenges facing our communities into replicable solutions. Our work enables us to find right livelihood through the regeneration and gentle cultivation of the forest we are honored to call home.
Conectar con el Creador de Listas
Creador de listas de correo electrónico
VerdEnergia Pacifica 0 reseñasAccede para escribir tu reseña
Todavía no hay reseñas.